top of page
Improvement project of "PARK VETERANS" in Kaliningrad

The projected area is located within the boundaries of the streets Bold Alley - st. Okskaya, in the Moscow region, Kaliningrad.

Park area - 11.6 hectares
Number of one-time visitors 1160 people
Number of parking lots 140 m / places (walking radius 400 m)

The main idea of the park is:
- to preserve the unique historical territory as the main recreational area for the nearest residential areas;
- take into account the history of the park and show it in landscaping;
- to create a safe atmosphere of a walking park, without the introduction of a large amount of entertainment infrastructure;

- add objects intended for sports activities as infrastructure,
cultural leisure, children's and family recreation, as well as for the placement of engineering facilities, while maintaining the "wild" atmosphere and without harming the existing flora and fauna.

Therefore, in the project, the infrastructure is located mainly near the entrances and on the site of the former historic estate, without disturbing the central part of the park with plantings of centuries-old trees.
The architectural and planning solution for the development of the territory provides for the organization of the movement of pedestrians and cyclists, a brief description of the applied projects for the construction of small architectural forms, their design solutions.
The layout provides for the separation of pedestrian and bicycle streams along different routes, with the least number of intersections and on different sides of the Tovarnaya River.

The network of paths has a hierarchy - forest paths, which are currently trodden by the townspeople, are added to the main paved paths. For some of these paths, it is necessary to make coverage and lighting. The other part of the paths follows
left in its present, wild state so that the townspeople can afford to walk along the forest paths.
On the territory of the park, near the entrances, playgrounds and outdoor exercise equipment are organized for daily use by residents of residential areas, because. the park is practically the only recreational area in the developing residential area.
In the southern part of the park, from the side of low-rise individual housing, places for picnics and barbecues are organized. These sites do not violate the general walking route and do not intersect with it.

Historical overview of the features of the territorial formation of the Aweiden district and its manor park.

Based on materials from various sources, it has been established that the territory of Aweyden (later - Aweiden) was one of the first suburbs of Königsberg. The approximate date of its formation at the southern borders of the city as a separate settlement, and then the county, refers to 1550.
Since 1579, the ducal chamberlain Johann Schnurlein, who at that time was also the mayor of Kneiphof, owned the estate. After a fire in 1660, Aweiden was sold and until about 1719. it was already owned by Duke Friedrich Kupner.

April 30, 1874 in the south of Königsberg, a county was formed from a rural community and three land holdings of Avaiden (Fig. 1). Between 1891 and 1928 here there were constant territorial changes, in which Aweiden County gave away plots of land and buildings to neighboring communities and eventually completely disappeared, including as a settlement.

At the end of the 19th century, the territory of the estate belonged to the so-called "pleasure castles". On Sundays, everyone could visit it, and on weekdays, the more prosperous segments of the population of Königsberg. Various organizations, unions and student societies celebrated their holidays here. During this period, the Aweiden estate still belonged to the Altenberg community.
The county ceased to exist in the 30s of the XX century, having turned from an agricultural community into a part of the Königsberg district of East Prussia, while from the northwest the Aweiden estate bordered on Ponarth districts of similar structure, from the north and northeast - on Speichersdf and Schönfließ & nbsp;

On the territory of the former Aweiden estate, which is currently planned for the creation of the Veterans Park, there were:
- manor house with an old park;
- complex of stables;
- a small brick factory;
- water tower (it functioned until the 50s of the XX century),
- buildings for workers' accommodation and for the functioning of small industries.

This also included agricultural land, including orchards and orchards (including those with greenhouses).
By the beginning of the 20th century, the former estate and especially its manor park began to be even more actively used by the townspeople as a place of recreation and entertainment. Public meetings, mass celebrations, performances by artists, musicians and athletes were held here. Photographs of invitation cards to attend these events with views of the park, buildings and open-air cafes have survived to this day. A cafe was organized in one of the buildings of the estate, and a concert venue was created in the open air (Fig. 3, 4). Numerous people in the summer days strolled along the paths of the park, sports competitions were held on the ponds, boating, picturesque views set up in a philosophical way.

According to the 1910 census, Aweiden had 185 inhabitants.
On April 1, 1939, the entire territory of the Aweiden agricultural community was completely included in Königsberg, and the southern border of the city began to pass here.
During the Second World War, the manor and the park suffered from hostilities. The buildings were partially destroyed (several outbuildings remained), the park fell into disrepair. In 1946 the lands of this territory began to belong to the state farm, and the district was named "Southern".

The main entrance to the park from the street. Alley of the Brave 

Administrative building provided on the site of an existing residential building, which is in a dilapidated state and is planned for resettlement and demolition.

Administration building main entrance - view from above

Administrative building with cafe and boat station (1st stage - temporary building)

Species composition of park trees

Cafe and summer cinema on the site of a historic estate

The project of improvement of the park "Veteranov", 14 hectares
Kaliningrad, 2017
Department of architecture of the city of Kaliningrad 
Sabirullov Alexey
Trenina Victoria
Zibrova Alla
Kardanov Amir
Nabasova Olga
Gepper Ekaterina
Gubareva Irina
bottom of page